Friday, January 9, 2009

Sad News

Well, I went in for my first ultrasound on Wednesday, and it was not good. The baby quit growing between 8 and 9 weeks, and there was no heartbeat. I am devastated. This baby was a surprise, sure, but it was definitely wanted. Tony is just as upset as I am, and our families and friends are heartbroken. This is a terrible thing that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I spoke with my doctor this evening, and I go in Monday morning for some more bloodwork and the pre-reg testing for my D&C on Tuesday. I've been bleeding and crampy since last night, and I just hope that it holds off until I get the D&C. I would much prefer having the procedure done than letting nature take its course. More than likely though, I won't have a choice in the matter.

No comments: