Monday, December 8, 2008

Pregnancy symptoms

I go in for my first doctors appointment on Wednesday. I'm not quite sure what to expect aside from the poking with the needles and the peeing in cups and the use of a speculum . When I made my appointment, I asked my husband if he wanted to go with, and he said he did, so that's good. Last night, we were talking about it, and I told him that he'd better stay at the north end while the doc's pokin' around in the south forty. I fully expect him to yell into my vagina to see if it echoes. (Not really, although he did blow into it one time, many moons ago, and the escaping air scared him shitless and he hollered that it was growling at him.)

I've felt pretty good so far, and I'm not really sure how far along I am. There are varying estimates as to just how pregnant I am, ranging from 6 weeks to 9 weeks. I haven't a clue when I actually ovulated, and my last 'normal' period was in September, but I had a wacky one that was 3 weeks late in October. That means that the doc will probably have to do a dating ultrasound (which is fine by me, because I'd like to take a peek at the little bean) and give me my due date based on the measurements.

The thing I could do without during this whole pregnancy business is the tiredness. About 3:30 every afternoon, I get so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open. It's really a struggle! I actually fell asleep at my desk last week for around 30 minutes. I sure felt a lot better after my catnap, but I think too much of that will get me canned in a hurry. Contributing to the fatigue is the fact that no matter how many times I go pee before I get in bed, or what time I quit drinking any liquids, I still have to get up multiple times in the night to visit the bathroom. That makes for a really rough night's sleep. I suppose I'd better get used to it now, because I don't see it getting better any time soon.

No comments: